Monday, April 20, 2015

4/20 Classics


Last night I returned from a week in Paris just in time to enjoy some of the 4/20 celebration. I got so smoked out that I almost didn't finish writing this post.


In between all the shameless self promotion for my new album "Tha Audio Bully" (buy a copy) I've been traveling and listening to a lot of music. In honor of 4/20 (April 20th) I've put together a few of my favorite songs to smoke a bong too.

For those who are unfamiliar with the term. 4/20 is the international marijuana smoking holiday. The term was first used in the 70's by a group of guys who used to hang with the Grateful Dead. Rumor has it that during that era the police would use code: 420 to describe a person caught smoking weed. 


Once weed smokers learned what the police code meant, they began using the term as slang. By the 80's the Grateful Dead had done hundreds of tours the term was nationally known. By the 90's thanks to magazines like High Times the term 4/20 became internationally known and is now part of pop culture.

So to all my fellow cannabis enthusiasts and connoisseurs of fine music. Enjoy tunes from Redman, Method Man, Styles P, Devin The Dude, Snoop Dogg, Tyger Vinum, Cypress Hill, Ice Cube, The Luniz, Wiz Khalifa, and Too Short. Happy 4/20 and medicate responsibly.




















No comments:

Post a Comment