Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Surrealism Art


I've always been a fan of surrealist art. My passion for the style came from seeing the paintings of Spanish artist Salvador Dali (May 11, 1904 - Jan. 23, 1989). 

His amazing use of color and bizarre depiction of everyday objects captured my imagination and inspired me. One of his most famous paintings "The Persistence of Memory," depicts clocks melting in the dessert. Its such a simple concept but the technique behind it makes it extraordinary. 

Aside from painting Dali was known for making 3D optical illusions and sculptures. You can see his style reflected in the works of many modern artists including Hans Kanters, a Dutch painter I posted in an earlier entry.  I posted a few pieces from Dali below, but if you want to see more of his art go to www.daligallery.com or www.artsy.net.

































No comments:

Post a Comment