Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Reggae & Dance Hall

I was talking to a friend of mine and she told me she never heard of Beenie Man. So I sent her one of my favorite Beenie tracks "Who Am I." Afterward it got me thinking, its summertime and Reggea has always been summer music to me. When I listen to Bob Marley it makes me feel like I should be outside in the sun or sitting on the beach watching the waves.  There are quite a few Reggae artists I used to listen to. I'm a fan from the older school back when Dancehall was really poppin and reggae and Hip-Hop were spoken about in the same sentence.

Below I posted clips from the old school Beenie Man, Buju Banton, Mr. Vegas, Bounty Killer, Super Cat and new school, Damian Marley one of the many sons of Bob Marley. He is a new artist with talent like his daddy.











No comments:

Post a Comment